MicahTek IT Support Home Page
- Web Mail
- New Server FAQ
- A few users were inundated with "old" email during the
switch to the new server. This is because they had
selected the "Leave a copy of messages on server" option set
in their email client. After a switchover to a new
server, all users appear "new" to the server upon first
login and all email saved/left in the inbox will be
downloaded. This is the same situation that occurs if
you were to set up a new PC. The best solutions are to
not select "Leave a copy of messages on server" or keep the
inbox on the server free of old email.
- The new server does not allow users to login using a
domain alias. If you have a domain alias set up, make
sure to use the actual domain name when logging in.
- If you were using custom folders under squirrelmail, your
folders will still be on the new server but not yet
visible. To make them visible, click Settings, click
Folders and subscribe to the folders you want to be visible.
- If you had been having problems sending to comcast or juno
addresses on the previous server, this should no longer be
an issue. These ISPs send unusually large DNS replies
which had been a problem on the previous email server.
- The first time a new sender sends you an email, it may
take up to fifteen minutes for the email to be
delivered. This is due to new anti-spam technology.